NSF Super offers two Pension account options to pre-retirees and retirees:
- The NSF Super Pension;
- The NSF Super Pre-Retirement Pension.
The NSF Super Pre-Retirement Pension is designed for people aged between 55 and 64 who are still working, but want to access their super savings to boost their income or to make their money work harder by implementing tax-effective contribution strategies to grow their retirement ‘pot’ even further.
The NSF Super Pension is designed for people who have fully retired and want to access their super savings as a regular income payment in a tax and Centrelink friendly manner.
Features at a glance
- No entry fee applies
- Minimum opening balance of $10,000
- You can choose the amount of your regular payment (at least the minimum limit set by the Government)
- Your choice of fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or yearly payments to the bank account of your choice
- Online access to your account
- Transition to Retirement option if you are still working
- A choice of investment options for your Pension account
- Ability to make lump sum withdrawals (if eligible)
- You receive a regular income paid into your bank account
- The income paid from your pension is treated favourably by Centrelink when assessing your Age Pension eligibility (when purchased before 31 December 2014)
- You can also make lump sum withdrawals for those one-off expenses that come up (NSF Super Pension only)
- You pay no tax on the investment earnings, and if you’re 60 or over, your pension payments and any lump-sums you withdraw are tax-free